This morning we brought Katie to the doctor's office. The nurse looked at her and took her pulse ox right away. The oxygen level in her blood was 91 and it should be 100. The doctor came in and wanted to possibly admit her to the hospital for pnemonia. To try and avoid that she had Katie do a breathing treatment right away which lasted for 20 minutes as it was triple the normal dosage.

After the first breathing treatment the doctor came in to listen to her chest. I actually got to listen to her breathing as well with the stethascope. It was really interesting. Her tiny little lungs sounded as if someone was trying to take an old dry crinkled balloon and blow it up. Poor thing!! So, of course, she had another 15 minute breathing treatment.
When we left the doctor's office Katie's pulse ox was 94, better, but not great. We left with a Nebulizer, steroids, Singulair, and a prescription for Albuterol. We have to go back tomorrow to see if her lungs sound better and if we can avoid the hospital and anti-biotics for the pnemonia. What a day!
I am just grateful that Katie is such a trooper and regardless of whatever crazy aparatus strapped to her face she just sits there and is patient. She is an amazing girl with stinker lungs. I love you Katie and am thankful for your courage! I love you my sweet girl.
2 comments:
I hope that she is doing better now-that is so scary. Thank goodness for prayer and for modern medical care. Sorry I couldn't say hi yesterday morning we were rushing to make a movie. We need to get together soon-I feel like I haven't seen you in forever.
Poor little Katie! She is such a little trooper! I hope she is doing better!
Post a Comment