Thursday, May 7, 2009

Competitive Dodgeball



Last week I started playing competitive dodgeball with my friend Cherise. I didn't know that it was co-ed so I look like a real dork when I try to play. Cherise and I tried putting bows in our hair hoping that people would not want to hit such sweet looking girls. Didn't work! I was hit all the time. After a couple of games I finally found my place in dodgeball. At the beginning of the game I sprint to get the ball and run back behind the line. Believe it or not I can do this, and do this well. Past that, I am not so great. OH well! During our game last week one of our team mates fell on his knee. When I looked at it closer I saw that his knee cap had totally moved to the side of his knee and that his normally rounded knee was perfectly flat. I felt so bad for him, and yet selfishly glad it wasn't me. I left right as the paramedics were ready to set his knee and take him to the hospital. Our next game is tonight and I am going to wear all sorts of protective gear.

4 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Ok you guys are so much fun! I am laughing so hard at the bow in your hair comment. Can I just be a spectator of your team.. I'm sure you guys are entertaining to watch...not to mention tough! :)

Melissa Braegger said...

Are you guys going to make Dodgeball part 2? This is awesome and I'm glad that no harm was done to you because that sounds painful. Sorry about the fair being a waste but congrats on selling some at your mom's preschool. I love the teal one with the brown accents if I were to get a tutu that would be the one for me. You know I will buy one for McKenna when she would actually care about it-Love ya

Jen said...

You are a braver woman than me (but you're younger too so that might account for it.) Have fun and stay healthy!

Jen Talbot said...

Um I love how we talk all the time and yet I find out all my info from your blog. You are SO grounded! I want to come be a cheerleader cause I am way to chicken to get any closer to a dogeball than that.