Thursday, June 11, 2009

The other day my mom told me that I have not posted anything in a little while. We have been really busy lately doing little things. Here is a little update on everything.

Tom: He has been doing some accounting for a friend of his. The job was always considered temporary so this week will be his last until some time in July. We are just grateful for the time Tom could work and earn some mula.

Tom has also been playing bass guitar in a band lately. He loves being able to take time to himself and play some music. He has also been hiking lately with his friend, Wade. They just did a really nice hike the other day near Roosevelt Lake. I was a little jealous because they got to swim during their hike and repel. What's up with that?!

Katie: Katie's asthma is under control and she is doing well except for a small flu this week. Poor kid, she's really getting hit hard with germs this season. She was really sad that her friends could not come over and play when she was sick. She doesn't understand the concept of contagious germs.

She is such a sweet girl and loves to play with her friends, her brother, and her uncle. I think the ultimate day for Katie would be to invite all her friends over for a ginormous party!!

Kellen: He is talking so much now!! He has a little low voice too so it sounds so manly. He loves to play outside and swim. He was swimming with his little inner tube tonight and taking laps around the pool working on his "big boy kicks".

The other night during the dinner prayer Kellen folded his arms and closed his eyes. During the middle of the prayer I hear, "Mom, my eyes are closed and I can't see." Ah, priceless. I quietly laughed because it was so funny and hoping that he wouldn't say anything else.

Jen: I have been working two days a week at a law firm. It has been an interesting experience. Everyday I go there I am not sure what type of mood the attorney will be in that day. I always pray that he's either really happy or that he has court all day so I won't have to deal with him.

I have also been teaching swimming lessons for four little students. It has been pretty fun and has taken me back to days as a lifeguard. I also have a lovely scent of chlorine. Gotta love it!

All in all, we have been doing really well. Regardless of our crazy situation right we see so many small miracles that we have been blessed with. We just hope that we will soon be blessed with gainful employment and be able to move on with our lives. So for now we have to rely on Heavenly Father's timeline and trust in Him.

2 comments:

jayme said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well. I need to call so we can catch up (or feel free to call me :). Lets hang out soon.

The Bullards said...

It is good to hear the update. We need to get together and catch up. I am so glad that Katie's asthma is doing better - sweet girl. Tommy left a comment on our blog asking about help with our landscaping. That was so nice of him! Yes, we would love some help, we just need to save up some money before we can do anything!!! Hopefully pretty soon.