Sunday, February 13, 2011

Backyard dinner


Yesterday, Tom told me that he had a surprise for me when I get home. Such fun! I got home from studying and a baby shower to find that the dutch oven was out and he had all the ingredients for dutch oven potatoes and marshmallows for roasting. Oh, and I forgot that chicken was defrosting in the frig. What a guy!! The food was so yummy!!! I think next time we are going to try a cobbler. If you want an invite, let me know! Oh, and after we roasted marshmallows, we put some special coloring into the flames that my brother got us for x-mas. We had a turquoise fire. Pretty cool!

Here we are enjoying the weather and waiting for our food to cook.

Here is the dutch oven. I just had to take a picture of it before we put everything in it. It's amazing how great food tastes after sitting in it after some hot coals.


Preparing the pit for a nice warm fire.
Peeling potatoes for our yummy dutch oven potatoes.
Cooking chicken over hot coals. Boy was it tasty!

No comments: