This afternoon I have been reflecting heavily on the past year or so. Yesterday Tom came home after 700 people were laid off at University of Phoenix and memories of unemployment came quickly flooding into my mind. Luckily, he was not laid off. Really, I cannot imagine going through unemployment for the third time in two years. I am so grateful that we were safe. However, some people were not so lucky. I was talking to a friend today who's husband was unfortunately let go. We had a brief chat about how the trial itself really stinks. As I was talking to her a flood of emotions came over me because I was reminded how much we were watched over during the hard times. I told my friend that while the trial itself stinks, that she and her family will experience miracles, and lots of them. They will see just how selfless people can be and they will see just how loving our Father in Heaven truly is. Like us, they will say that after it is all said and done, they are extremely grateful for the experience. Tom also reminded me that we are in a better position now than we were before. We are in a great position to sometime soon to buy a new house because our credit stayed in tact (one miracle). We have met a ton of people through out our moves and have friends all over the place. Our savings is once again in tact. We are good at being prepared and are learning what we can and cannot live without. We have learned to be really creative with what we have. We have been taught to be more humble. It has been a marvelous, hard, trying, humbling experience! How grateful for what we have learned over the past year.
3 comments:
Thanks for the phone call. It ment alot.
I'm sorry for your friend's family but so glad that Tom still has his job:) It was good talking with you today too-
Hey...will you email me your address? I had it in my old phone but it broke and I had to get a new one. sayshanielson@gmail.com. Thanks!!!
Post a Comment