Thursday, December 4, 2008

A week in our life

First of all, let me say that I love fake trees. Sure they don't smell nearly as yummy as real ones but I can bust my tree out December 1st and not be nervous about burning the house down with my super dry tree come Christmas day. This year we put on some festive music and set to work decorating our tree. The kids thought it was the best thing in the world. Here is a picture of our efforts. Notice, I look exhausted...because I was!




Then on Tuesday night some girls took pity on me and invited me out to girls night! No really, they were super nice and invited me to go a spoof play called Miracle on 42nd street. It was little hockey, but nice to meet new people! I took a picture to prove that I acutally went. The girl sitting to my right is the Primary President. She heard that I didn't have a calling yet. I told her that I was shooting for Young Womens. We'll see!


Then last night we went to see Katie's first Christmas program ever. It was titled Santa Goes Green. Literally, there was no Christmas music but rather six songs of how there is a hole in the ozone layer and that we need to go green. I thought it was kinda funny but Tom hated it. Of course he loved to see Katie perfom but was annoyed that they couldn't just do a normal Christmas program. He said that he was going to send a picture and lyrics from the show to Glenn Beck. Just as the second show was about to end~they did a second show because they weren't expecting a large turn out and they made half the people stay in the hallway during the first show due to a fire hazard~I got super sick. Talk about bad timing! So today I have the flu. Luckily, Katie has been a good sister and is taking care of Kellen while I do nothing but sleep.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Your tree looks beautiful! I can't wait to get ours up- tomorrow. I can't believe they did a green Christmas program, how could they skip out on all the fun Christmas music? We would have been upset for sure! And I am glad you had fun on your girls night, just wish it was here!
So I'm sad you won't be in St. George over Christmas, but that will be fun to start your own thing. We will be in SLC for two weeks in the summer, it will be fun to see you then!

Melissa Braegger said...

Great job on the tree-atleast you can get that checked off of your list especially since you are now sick-sorry. I hope that you feel better soon. I'm surprised that they even referenced Christmas in the program at all-It is so taboo it is becoming ridiculous. Miss ya and I'm glad you met some people. I told you it would not take long:)

jayme said...

Love your tree, way to go. I am not putting a tree up this year. But i do hope to get a good deal on one after Christmas :)

shannyn said...

your tree is awesome, good job guys. sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. love you guys