Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Katie's latest conversation with Tom


Tonight Tom was trying to get Katie to say the family prayer before bed. I was out shopping for his Christmas present so I heard about this after the fact.

Tom: Katie would you please say the prayer tonight?
Katie: I don't know what to say.
T: Just tell Heavenly Father all the things you are grateful for.
K: I am not grateful for anything.
T: Well, what if Heavenly Father took away all the things you didn't say thank you for. What would you miss?
K: Nothing
T: Wouldn't you miss your toys?
K: No, I would be fine.
T: What about Ba (her most prized blanket)
K: I don't need it anymore. I can sleep with out it.
T: What about your house and your warm bed.
K: I would be okay still.
T: What about mom and dad? What would you do without us?
K: I would still be okay.
T: Who would take care of you?
K: I would just take care of myself.
T: Who would pay for the house for you to live in?
K: I would just live outside.
T: Who would pay for your food?
K: Well you are gonna die someday anyway. I will just take care of myself then.
Tom said the prayer.

I felt that this conversation should be saved for posterity. That way everyone will know what a funny lady she was!

4 comments:

AudyCamp said...

She is seriously one of the funniest people I know...Girls are so dramatic...I would know!

Colleen said...

Ha ha! What little girl says, "Well you are gonna die someday anyway"? Awesome.

jayme said...

She is too funny. She thought of everything :)

Mindful Mothering said...

That was a good laugh! For sure a keeper... Katie is a cutie:-)