Yesterday Katie was being a total stinker and she was mad at me for something. When the spirit of contention is in our house I usually go to the piano and start playing primary songs. So I decided to play "I Am Trying To Be Like Jesus". You should know that I don't just play but I also sing along, and rather loud too. So I start singing, "I am trying to be like Jesus, I am following in His ways" just as I finish that line I hear, from the corner, NO YOU'RE NOT! I was laughing so hard! I could not even finish playing the song. Katie and I had a really good laugh. After that we were friends again and the spirit of contention was replaced with the spirit of laughter. These truly are the good times!!!
11 comments:
That girl just seriously cracks me up! We need to have her over this week.
That is hilarious! You are a good Mom to laugh off her "Oh, No You're Not!" comment. I need to try laughing more when Elisa says stuff like that - who knows?! Maybe we'll all end up laughing, too. Thanks for sharing your story!!
if i were to try and play the piano during times of contention people would just get more upset and aggitated. i'm glad it works for you guys. katie is too smart and i love her sass.
I love this story. I think my piano playing is so slow and bad that it would only add to the problem, but maybe I will give it a try next time Truman is harrassing Parker.
Thanks for tracking me down!! You were one of the two people from Highland that I totally wish I would have stayed in touch with! Your kids are adorable...what a cute family!
I love your piano story. I need to try that with my oldest. :)
That's so stinkin funny. That little Katie of yours sure is a character. I love it.
You are such a great mom. That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I hope things are going well with the house. If you ever need to come over in a hurry because someone is coming over don't hesitate.
Jeni, I stumbled upon your blog from Lauren's. You have a such a cute family!!!
~Michelle Greer
Hey Jeni! I LOVE your blog. That little Katie is a riot! I miss her and should stop by sometime.
We'll catch up soon.
Hola! I got the bedding at NurseryDepot.com It was only $130 for the entire bedding set, including the quilt. Crazy cheap. I was so impressed. Anyhow, it is made by TREND LAB.?.? I had never heard of them but all of their stuff is quite inexpensive.
So funny! Ahh, I love Katie and all of her spunk!
Post a Comment