Sunday, April 24, 2011

What we cannot do for ourselves.

Early this Easter Sunday, I could not sleep tonight, and at 2:30am I am watching Mormon messages on the computer. I just finished a movie called For Madison. Madison is a girl with severe Autism. Her young women's group helped her finish her Young Womans Medallion by proxy. Each girl took a project and completed it for Madison. At the very end of the movie one women said that they helped Madison fulfill something that she could not for herself just as the Savior did something for us that we could not do for ourselves.

Here I am at 2:30am (as I mentioned), finally relaxing for a minute and very, very grateful that later today we are celebrating the death and resurrection of our Savior. There was no way that we could save ourselves and return to Heavenly Father. Only through our Savior can we return to live with our Father in Heaven again. I will never be able to comprehend the amount of sorrow He felt as he knelt down in prayer for us at the Garden of Gethsemane or the pain he experienced on the cross. I am amazed that at the very end of His life he asked that the men that crucified Him be forgiven. I am grateful to have an elder brother that died for everyone so that we could return to Him. I am also grateful that I know that He arose again on the third day and was resurrected. What an amazing, wonderful, hopeful time of year. He did for us what we could not do for ourselves.