Lately, I have been mad at our situation. I have been mad at the fact that I have to work right now, that I am missing time with my kids cause I have class once in a while, I am mad that the economy sucks and now Tom does not have the Landscape Architecture job he used to have. Sometimes, my whining just gets the best of me and I feel like giving up. I feel like with all our struggles we have been placed on the back burner while Heavenly Father blesses everyone else. It's frustrating, hurtful, and I feel down right forgotten.
Tonight, I was reminded of a principle that is so simple and yet offered such strength to me. I was listening to a prayer tonight and it started off like any other prayer, "Our dear eternal Father in Heaven." Then it hit me. Eternal. This life is a time to prepare to return to our Father. We started off with Him, we are away during our mortal life, and we then go back to live with Him. That all of our struggles are meant only to strengthen us. That His promises to us are eternal. As we become more like Him, pay a full tithing, and follow his commandments we will be blessed. It is our job to do those things and with a mindset inline with His we ask him for blessings that will bless us in this life and also eternally.
It made me stop whining, and I was able to realize that I am okay. That I may not have to work forever, that in school I been given the opportunity to learn beautiful things about our bodies and the creations of our Father in Heaven, and that we are never forsaken. If we are lost, it is because we have not sought after Him.
I am writing this because I know that in a couple of days I will start whining again and I will need this as a gentle reminder to knock it off!
New Year
9 months ago
4 comments:
HOw Fabulous! Thanks for sharing....I often find myself in the same routine...tho I don't have to work, I have other things in life I whine about because they just don't seem fair. But in the whole *eternal aspect* of things....they are simply and they won't matter if I can endure. Thanks again. Love you guys and miss you tons!!!!
Hang in there, Jeni! We love you!
What an encouraging post! I really like what you wrote about being lost means we aren't seeking after Him. I feel the same way.
I am glad I read this post! It certainly lifted my spirits today!
It has been one of those poor me days today and this is just what I needed. Thank you!
It is hard when I am "down in the trenches" to remember there is more than just me wanting/having my way and I need to sit back and look at the big picture.
Thanks Jeni! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment