Sunday, January 2, 2011

Katie's new bed, Mr. Slinky, and art

Recently, I found a website that gives free directions on how to make all sorts of items. I really fell in love with the knock off Pottery Barn bed. It took forever but we finally finished Katie's new bed. It is super sturdy!!



The bed is made to allow for a trundle bed to fit underneath. There is so much room that Katie and Kellen use it as a little play house. They think it's super cool to hide from us under the bed.
Katie is really into art. She found a picture of Jesus during Sacrament meeting and decided to copy it. The marks on the face is her shading, not an owie.

This is how people without stairs in their home play with Mr. Slinky. You start with a high table, add scriptures, add a fold away table and a plastic bin, then onto a puzzle box on a piano bench and voila, you have "stairs!" The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm super impressed with the bed. where do I put in my order?

SaraMarie said...

WOW Jeni! That bed is fantastic! You are so crafty!

jayme said...

Awesome bed!!! Now that you are finished and have some free time, will you come over to my house and help me decorate? I have decided I stink at it! :)

Colleen said...

That bed is incredible, I'm seriously impressed!