Last night Kellen refused to eat his dinner. Being the "mean mom" that I am, I saved the rest for his lunch the next day. Today I reluctantly pulled out last nights dinner knowing full well I would get a fight and served it to him. Of course of fought with me. I left the room to go finished folding laundry and he came in and told me he finished his lunch. I told him what a good boy he was and went to go check his plate. He told me to wait and close my eyes. RED FLAG! I waited and did not close my eyes. I watched as he pulled the plate from under the couch and placed it in my hand. Then our dog got all excited about what was under the couch. I asked Kellen if his lunch was under the couch. Of course he said no. Then I walked to the couch, under great resistance from Kellen, and found his lunch underneath the couch all over the area rug. Needless to say, he a great talking to about lying and was walked immediately to bed where he is currently serving out his sentence. I don't know how at four years old he is so good at lying. He used to be SO honest. What happened?
3 comments:
okay this is funny and sad. My kids have been lying to me for a while now. I think it is just their way of seeing what they can get away with. I know form all our talks they know what is right, at least I'm hoping that it is just a stage.
I feel like I can't make a fair judgment of this until I know what you made for dinner :)
Sooooo funny! We're heading to Disneyland next week, then to Gilbert on the way back to Utah. Caitlin says she MUST see Katie. Will you guys be around the end of next week? If so we'd love to get those 2 together for a bit! :o)
Post a Comment