Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Yeah for Firemen!!

Today I was the biggest dork and locked my one year old son and keys in the car outside of Katie's dance studio. Luckily, my friend Amy was still there and had a cell phone. I used it to call our trusty firemen. They arrived in their huge truck and four guys jumped out. One had the Jimmy tool thingy, the other two just watched, and the third had a little blood pressure cuff. They were going to make sure Kellen was okay before they left. It took all of 30 seconds to get my door open. I told them that Kellen was medically fine since it was not hot in the car. Then off they went. I felt like the biggest dork! The keys were sitting on the front seat and my bag was next to Kellen. I am so grateful for our firemen!!!

The whole time, which really was only five minutes, Kellen was just sucking his thumb waiting for us to get in. He was totally calm and fine about it.


**Remember we are going private so please leave your email if you haven't already!

8 comments:

Laura said...

So funny, I'm totally worried this will happen to me. See I'm not crazy it does happen, sorry it had to happen to you.

Vaknin Family said...

That is very funny, I'm glad it happened in the winter and not the summer and that Kellen is ok.

P.S. I really like your family picture and the one of you and Tom is very cute too.

Jen Talbot said...

Love the new family pics! Glad Kellen was okay and sorry we werent there to laugh! Just kidding....you know I would totally do something like that too, but what is up with you and being locked out lately? hee hee

Aundrea said...

Don't you love how absentminded we get once we have kids? I did the same thing, only it was a little hotter, springtime, and not only did the firemen show up, but the police, an ambulance, and the entire neighborhood. Not my best moment, but one to laugh about now!

Melissa Braegger said...

Thank goodness for those firemen. Are you sure you didn't lock Kellen in there on purpose to get a peek at some firemen? Are those new family pictures-I really like them. I think you have my email but let me know if you don't. If I don't talk to you before have a very Merry Christmas. P.S. Yo Gabba Gabba has to be the wierdest show on TV.

♥ Natalie said...

I am amazed that Kellen was so calm while you were outside of the car... My kids would have been asking and then crying for me to get them out, too! (Maybe Anni would do better? - no, I doubt it.) I also am thankful for our firemen and all of the other rescue workers. They work hard! Your family picture is great, and the pic of you and your hubby is oh so cute!! You look gorgeous!

Court said...

I am glad that everything turned out ok and so quickly too. Thank heavens for firemen to help out us mom's in situations like those. I haven't done that yet (and I mean yet, my time will come soon) We had a near locking in the car insident the other night. It freaked me out because it was around 10 deg. outside and snowing like crazy. I sure do miss my memory, kids have a funny way of chasing it off! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Oh and I would love to still be part of the Everett Family blogging world. I am pretty sure you have my address if not leave me a message. Tootles!

AudyCamp said...

You & your family pictures are beautiful!!!!! I've locked dude in the car a a few times myself! glad he was okay.:)