Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Age of Accountability

It is no secret that Kellen is really funny but he doesn't even try. He is smart too so his comments surprise us at times. The other night Tom had to have a conversation with Kellen about being a leader, not a follower. Here is how it went:

Tom-Kellen, it is important to be a leader and make good decisions, even if your friends are not making good choices. (Then came the age old question): If your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?

Kellen-Well, yes. If I jump off a cliff right now, I could still go to Heaven because I have not been baptized yet.

Tom-What?!

Kellen-I am not 8 yet and I can follow my friends off the cliff.

Tom did not go into that conversation having to remind Kellen that we still need to try to make good choices before we are 7 years old. He cannot make poor choices until 8 years old and then all the sudden change.

This kid is so stinkin' funny!

No comments: