Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chipping Away at Things

For the past couple days I have thinking a lot of life. Perhaps you can tell from my latest posts. Anyway.... this post comes after my visit with my visit teachee.  I visit the Relief Society President who's life parallels mine right now as well. While she is not in school, she is working and is trying to juggle a large calling, and has a few kids. She is also caring for her parents as they are getting older. She is quite the lady! We were talking about the goals we set and how we achieve them one day at a time. She talked about her nephew who just completed dental school. He worked so hard to get through school as he is not a natural born student (like myself) and needs to work extra hard for good grades. She reminded me that as we seek the help of the Holy Ghost as we are working toward our end goal that he will help us immensely. Yes! True! There were nights when I was studying Anatomy/Physiology that I pretty much pulled up a chair for the Holy Ghost to sit right next to me. It was so hard soaking in and memorizing all of the information. I only made it through the class because of the help from my family, friends and the Holy Ghost. So, as a reminder (mainly to me), whatever we set our mind on to accomplish, we can do it with the guidance and support of the Holy Ghost. Just as a sculptor chips away the rock or clay, eventually he creates a beautiful piece of art We too can also chip away at whatever we are doing, day by day, and in the end create something beautiful and/or accomplish a very difficult goal!

1 comment:

Diana C. said...

Jen, that's really beautiful. I love your post. I also like the part about pulling up a chair for the Holy Ghost! We'd all be in a much better place if we did that 24/7. You're a good example. :)