Sunday, October 12, 2008

Look What We Woke Up To Today!!




We woke up to snow!!! Last night Tom came in and said it was snowing. Katie thought it was Christmas when she came into our room. So of course the kids had to go out and see first hand the snow in their pj's. I accompanied them in my robe and ran into my neighbor.

We went to church at 9am and when we came out at noon the snow was all gone. Katie was so excited about the snow and was so disappointed when it was all gone. So we took a drive up into the mountains about 20 minutes away and found the perfect place with lots of snow. The kids loved the snow! Cassie, our dog, found it to be rather fun as well. Toward the end Cassie had little blobs of snow all over her fur. She spent the rest of the time in the car warming up.

As we were playing we saw Katie running across the snow and yelling "I am so grateful for snow!" It was so funny!!







Kellen then decided that it would be fun to throw his glove into the stream. Tommy had to get on a rock in the stream and the fish the glove out from under a little bridge with a long stick. Now to think of it it would have made for a really great picture. What kind of photographer am I missing out on a great moment. I was more worried about retrieving the only glove the Kellen owns.







When we were driving home we saw the new Draper Temple. It was so pretty! The houses all around it were huge! In fact, the picture below shows a picture of a 23,000 sq foot mansion. In fact, if you are in the market for a giantic house it is in foreclosure! So have at it!





Last but not least, this weekend we also celebrated Kellen's 2nd birthday! Snow and a birthday all in one weekend what could be better:). Kellen actually gave me an interesting present on his birthday by pooping all over his room carpet all while the Direct TV guy was here. I guess Kellen is just a typical two year old little boy. He is all over the place and is extremely busy. We love our little guy and hope he will continue to grow and flourish with such vigor!!

13 comments:

Bridget said...

I am so glad you made it there safely. I hope all is well. My kids are so jealous that your kids are playing in the snow. How Fun!!!

Colleen said...

I bet you miss AZ already!!!

Vaknin Family said...

How fun I love that kind of snow,it last just long enough to have some fun in it. We miss you guys but are glad that you are settling in up there.

♥ Natalie said...

I am happy that you guys are making the transition so smoothly. FUN in the SNOW!!!! Yay. It is weird to see pics of you in UTAH! I LOVE the mountains by your house - ahhhhh. Makes me dream of going there soon!!

Melisa said...

Jeni, how funny. That is right up by Chad's parents house. (the new temple) we were that close to each other on Sunday:) How are things? Where are you again?

Court said...

My little Porter was the same way on Sunday. Last year he wasn't too interested in it, but this year is a totally different story. I was glad that it was all gone by yesterday. Thanks for the info on the huge house, Dan and I are in the process of buying it. So if you want to move in I am positive that our families won't run into each other much. You can have either the west or east wing. hahahaha can you imagine living in that thing?

jenny said...

Jeni, we miss you! I hope the transition is going smoothly!

Jen Talbot said...

Hello friend, just so you know, we will be pulling the sweaters out soon, okay, maybe not, but we can at least wear our matching sweaters for halloween so Katie and Ashlyn wont be the only twins!

Freeman Family said...

Thanks for the pic of the Draper Temple! We lived just down the street from it when we lived there. And the people that were building that huge house were in our ward, crazy!!!! The homes around the temple are amazing! It makes me miss Utah!

The Bullards said...

Hello my Utah friend! I am glad you guys are settling in. Look at the views from your house... I am jealous!!! Isn't it great to be so close to those beautiful canyons? We miss you!!!

Jen said...

My kids would DIE for that snow! How fun! Glad to see you guys are getting settled, you're missed around here.

Melissa Braegger said...

i MISS you... How did the kids handle the snow? I'm sure they probably liked it and will for a while until it gets old. I can't believe Kellen is 2-time flies. I also will have to congratulate him on his wonderful gift-full of ingenuity:) I hope that you're doing great-I'm sure that you are. I can't wait to see you soon. Are you coming down for Halloween? Let me know and stay warm. It was like 95 today here incase you were wondering:)

Ellsworth Family said...

Ha ha, you have snow already. I am freezing my buns off and it is only like 50 degrees here. I am such a spoiled West-coast girl!
I am so happy your family is well (except the poop episode) :0)
Keep in touch!