Thursday, February 21, 2008

Visiting Great Grandma and Grandpa

This last weekend we had the opportunity to fly up to VAncouver, Washington to visit my grandma. It was an emotional weekend as it was the last time I will see my grandma. She is suffering from cancer and her fight will soon come to an end. She is the strongest person I know as she has gone through chemo and everything else under the sun to fight this disease. The doctors give her only a few months to live. As sad as this is I am epecially grateful for the gospel. I know where she is going and that she will be so much happier! Instead of saying goodbye to her I simply said...see you later~ I love you Grandma!!!

3 comments:

AudyCamp said...

I'm glad you got to go up and see her one last time as a family. As hard as it was I'm sure you'll look back a couple months from now with an everlasting memory of it. So hard! Gosh.. life is really just not that long. Thank goodness we know what we know!

Mindful Mothering said...

Looks like the kids had fun in the leaves! I'm glad you got to see your grandma again... my Grandfather is going through the same thing. I am so grateful for the knowledge we have. Thanks for sharing :-)

Melissa Braegger said...

That is great that you all were able to go up and see her one last time. I'm sure that it meant the world to her to see all of you.